Sofyan Amrabat has been at the centre of Morocco’s surprise success at the World Cup, and his performances have put the Fiorentina midfielder on the radar of several Premier League clubs.
Amrabat, 26, had his first taste of Serie A football when he was loaned from Club Brugge to Hellas Verona for the 2019-20 season, catching the eye of Fiorentina, who scooped him up the following year.
The defensive midfielder has steadily increased his role at Fiorentina, making 10 starts and three substitute appearances in the league this season.
He played every minute of Morocco’s three group games, guiding his side to an undefeated record (W2 D1) with clean sheets against both Belgium and Croatia, and now he is reportedly wanted by the English elite.
TOP STORY – AMRABAT EMERGES AS LIVERPOOL AND TOTTENHAM TARGET
According to Sky Sports Germany, Liverpool believe Amrabat can address their midfield depth issues, and could be available for €30million in January.
An earlier report from La Repubblica claimed Tottenham had enquired about a potential deal last January, and his terrific tournament has only strengthened their interest.
With a blockbuster last-16 clash booked against Spain on Tuesday, another standout performance could have Amrabat packing his bags for an impending move to England.
– Calciomercato is reporting 23-year-old Barcelona target Martin Zubimendi is also on Manchester United‘s radar, although the Spaniard’s contract ties him to Real Sociedad until 2027.
– Calciomercato is also reporting Cristiano Ronaldo is “very interested” in joining Chelsea if the Stamford Bridge side will have him.
– According to Fichajes, Inter would like to bring Barcelona midfielder Franck Kessie back to Serie A, but cannot afford to purchase him outright in January, while the Spanish side are not willing to let him leave on a loan deal.
– 90min is reporting Real Madrid would need Kylian Mbappe to agree to certain conditions – including a pay cut and significantly less behind-the-scenes influence – if he wants to come to the club in the near future.
– Newcastle United are not planning any moves in January, and are open to parting ways with 28-year-old winger Ryan Fraser, according to the Telegraph.