Rumour Has It: Chelsea and Fiorentina in for Ronaldo as Man Utd look to tear up contract – Soccer News
Manchester United are looking sever ties with Cristiano Ronaldo following his explosive interview this week, according to reports.
United put out a statement that they are taking “appropriate steps in response to Cristiano’s recent media interview”.
That has fuelled speculation his contract – which is due to run out at the end of the season – will be torn up.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA AND FIORENTINA READY FOR JANUARY RONALDO MOVES
The Mirror claims Chelsea are ready to reignite their interest in Cristiano Ronaldo in January, while Italian reports have linked Fiorentina with him too.
Blues owner Todd Boehly was keen on the 37-year-old during the last transfer window but nothing materialised. However, following their slow start to the season and head coach Thomas Tuchel’s exit, Chelsea may be back in for the under-fire Portugal international.
Calciomercatoweb claims Fiorentina could also make a move in January, with wealthy owner Rocco B Commisso ready to offer him a lucrative deal.
Chelsea make Cristiano Ronaldo U-turn and leave Man Utd in catch-22 over sacking star | @MullockSMirror https://t.co/T4Kj9xNnef
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) November 19, 2022
– Manchester City loom as an option for Lionel Messi, according to El Nacional. City are managed by Messi’s former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola, who could lure him to England. Barca are eager to secure a return for Messi, whose contract with Paris Saint-Germain ends in mid-2023, but he has deferred all talks on his future until after the World Cup.
– The Sun on Sunday claims Chelsea will keep a close eye on Everton’s Jordan Pickford with England during the World Cup as Boehly considers a move for a new goalkeeper.
– Chelsea are considering moving for Aston Villa’s Leon Bailey, according to the Mail on Sunday. Jamaica international Bailey is close friends with Blues winger Raheem Sterling.
– Milan are contemplating a January move for Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar, whose agents approached the Italian champions. Aouar’s contract expires at the end of this season.
– Manchester United teenager Alejandro Garnacho is set to see his wages multiply 10 times on a bumper new contract, claims the Daily Star. The Argentine’s new deal would see his wages rise from £5,000 to around £50,000.