Paul appeared to call on McGregor to start a fight with him if the pair ever meet after the Irishman was accused of assaulting a DJ in Rome and breaking his nose
Jake Paul has made a beckoning call for Conor McGregor to “try something” if the pair ever meet after the Irishman allegedly assaulted a DJ in Rome.
Musician Francesco Facchinetti alleged that McGregor assaulted him during a party in the early hours of Sunday morning, leaving him with a broken nose and split lip.
McGregor has been in Rome with his fiancee Dee Devlin as they christened their five-month-old son Rian in Vatican City.
Mr. Facchinetti called the police following the incident at the five-star St Regis Hotel – and plans to sue McGregor.
Now YouTube star Paul has used the allegation as an opportunity to troll his rival, calling for the 33-year-old to “start something” if the pair face-off.
Paul posted on Twitter: “Conor likes to play tough guy with musicians, Conor please try and do something when you see me!”
McGregor had been touring America before taking a flight to Italy to collect his new £2.6 million custom-made Lamborghini yacht.
But his trip to Italy has now been overshadowed by the alleged incident.
“The very famous McGregor, who punched me in the mouth, broke my nose in front of ten witnesses, his friends and his bodyguards,” Mr. Facchinetti claimed. “He attacked me without motivation as we talked for more than two hours and we also had fun together.
“I could have shut up and not said anything to anyone, but since I’m here to tell it, I must say that that person is really violent and dangerous.”
The Daily Mirror has contacted McGregor’s representative for comment on the incident.
A spokesperson for the St. Regis Hotel told the Daily Mirror: “We are at the complete disposal of the police and will offer them our full support in their investigation.
“The safety and security of our guests and employees is always our first priority.”
McGregor is currently travelling while continuing his rehabilitation from a broken leg injury suffered against Dustin Poirier in July.
The Irishman was mobbed by fans during his first day in Italy, as he went shopping with his partner and he also met footballing royalty when he was pictured with Roma manager Jose Mourinho.
He is expected to remain in Rome until the end of the month but has reportedly not yet been spoken to by police.
The Daily Mirror has contacted police in Rome for comment.
“The thing that saddens me the most, besides being one of Conor’s fans of the first hour, is that real fighters don’t behave like that,” his accuser continued.
“They know they have guns instead of hands and they certainly don’t punch the first random one in front of them. He could throw it at my wife, any of my friends in that room.
“I trust in the authorities and in the Italian law. We welcomed him as a hero and instead he’s just a bully of the worst kind … what a disappointment. He will also have 50 million followers, money and power, but I don’t care, I’ll go straight to the end.”
The alleged victim’s wife Helena Faissol also gave her take on the incident, writing on social media: “Out of nowhere, he threw a punch in the face of Francesco.
“He was inviting us to another party. Francesco said, ‘Okay, let’s go’ and he hit him. Luckily, he [Francesco] was very close so he [McGregor] couldn’t load up on his punch.
“Then they took him away. I turned on the light and the guards turned them off. Francesco was bleeding. I wanted to help him and the guards chased us away.”